Saturday, August 13, 2022

From the CTKG Cabinet: Brian's Outdoor Activities!

Hello! My name is Brian and I am a member of the 2022 Kid Governor's Cabinet with the platform of Physical Activity in Schools. When I chose this platform, I noticed that kids weren’t being very active outside. I did some studying and I learned that the more kids are active, the more they focus. It’s healthy for you, too! 

Summer is a good time to go outside so that you stay healthy. This summer, I am having fun outside by playing basketball, playing football, swinging on my swing set, going on bike rides, swimming, and going to the water park. My favorite thing I did so far was teach myself how to do a backflip on the trampoline! 

At our August Cabinet Meeting, Kid Governor Makhi and the other Cabinet members helped me brainstorm a list of activities that you can do outside this summer too. 

Here are some of our ideas:

  • Have races with your friends (like a relay race!)
  • Play Bowling for Cups
  • Go to a playground
  • Have a water balloon toss
  • Play sports like basketball, soccer, football, kickball, or baseball
  • Run through a sprinkler
  • Go on a bike ride
  • Have a water war with friends
  • Play Wall Ball with friends
  • Roller skate
  • Take a walk (and bring your pet!)
  • Do some exercises to get strong like sit-ups, jumping jacks, or planks 
  • Play tag with friends
  • Go swimming
  • Jump on a trampoline
  • Play Drip, Drip, Drop with friends
  • Go for a jog / run
We even tried an activity ourselves. We played paper basketball. It was a lot of fun!


I hope you try some of these activities this summer! Email me at Cabinet@CT.KidGovernor.org to tell me what you did. I recommend playing water games, kickball, or football. 

Be active and rock on! 

Brian Wright
2022 Kid Governor's Cabinet 
Casimir Pulaski Elementary School
Meriden

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the CTKG Cabinet: Satvik Reflects on His Term in Office

Hello everyone! My name is Satvik Nog and I am a member of the 2022 Connecticut's Kid Governor’s Cabinet  working on a platform addressi...