Thursday, December 1, 2022

From the CTKG Cabinet: Elizabeth Reflects on Her Term in Office

Hello! My name is Elizabeth and I am a member of the 2022 Kid Governor's Cabinet with the platform of Climate Change. Working on my platform with Kid Governor Makhi, and supporting his Protecting Our Pets platform, has been so much fun this year! It's hard to believe that our term is almost over. This will be my last blog post as one of your 2022 Cabinet Members. 

Today I wanted to talk about two things. First, have you ever been to a thrift store? Thrift stores are good for the environment. But what are thrift stores? Thrift stores are places where people can buy gently used clothes, toys, furniture, books, jewelry, and more. You can find lots of cool things for cheap prices. For example, I bought this cool jacket for only $8! 

Thrift stores are great for the environment because instead of throwing away things that would usually end up in a landfill, people can bring them here and give them a new life! This leads to fewer things being thrown away and more reusing and recycling. What a great way to help the environment! I hope you check out a local thrift store in your community. 

Since this is my last blog post I also wanted to give a brief reflection on my term in office. This has been an amazing experience and I am so sad for it to end, but I am so excited to see what the next Kid Governor and Cabinet do! They have a lot of important community issues that they will work to address. 

This year, Makhi, Brian, Madelyn, Olivia, Samantha, Satvik, and I have had so much fun getting to know each other and becoming friends. We did so many cool things such as participating in interviews to spread awareness of our community issues, visiting the State Capitol and meeting dignitaries like Governor Ned Lamont, and speaking at the 2022 Kids Convention at Stepping Stones Museum! I am so happy to have been in the Cabinet this year. 





If you’re a 4th grader, consider running for Kid Governor next year! It's a great way to make your voice heard. But even if you don't run, there are so many ways to help your community. What will you do to make a difference? 

Thanks for reading! 

Elizabeth Becker 
2022 Kid Governor Cabinet 
Noah Webster Microsociety Magnet School
Hartford

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the CTKG Cabinet: Satvik Reflects on His Term in Office

Hello everyone! My name is Satvik Nog and I am a member of the 2022 Connecticut's Kid Governor’s Cabinet  working on a platform addressi...