Wednesday, August 17, 2022

My Tips for Caring for Pets in the Heat

Hello everyone, I am Makhi Ettienne-Modeste, your 2022 Connecticut's Kid Governor. Welcome to my new blog post! Are you having a fun summer?

My platform is all about Protecting Our Pets. I love animals! Also, I have two dogs, so I know how important it is to take care of your pets.

Today I am writing about something that has to do with all these hot days we've been having. We all know it's important to stay hydrated in the summer, but do you know how to keep your pets hydrated too? I will be discussing the signs of dehydration in your pet and what happens if you don’t take action.

Each animal has different clues to tell if they are dehydrated. Signs of dehydration for cats include:

  • Sunken eyes
  • Slower movement
  • Poor appetite

  • Panting with their tongues out
  • More drooling
  • Being more tired

Ignoring these signs can be dangerous for your pets. They could even become unconscious and faint! To prevent this from happening, here are some tips to care of your pet in the heat:
  • Never leave your pet in a hot place like your car
  • Make sure your pets have enough to drink by checking their water bowls often
  • Look for shady spots to get your pets out of the sun if you bring them outside



Following these tips will ensure safety for your pets. Remember always keep your pets hydrated and to P.O.P. (Protect Our Pets)! 


Makhi Ettienne-Modeste
2022 Kid Governor 
John F. Kennedy School
Windsor

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the CTKG Cabinet: Satvik Reflects on His Term in Office

Hello everyone! My name is Satvik Nog and I am a member of the 2022 Connecticut's Kid Governor’s Cabinet  working on a platform addressi...