Monday, June 13, 2022

From the CTKG Cabinet: Satvik's Region 15 Poster Contest

Hello, 5th Graders of Connecticut! My name is Satvik and I am a member of the 2022 Connecticut Kid Governor's Cabinet with the platform of Climate Change.

I’d like to share a very exciting update with you all today! With the help of my school's (Long Meadow Elementary School) librarian, Mrs. O’Neill, and principal, Mr. Wermuth, I hosted a poster contest across the four elementary schools in Region 15 to spread awareness about climate change. I invited all of these elementary students to submit artwork that shows how kids can help our planet and all who live on it deal with climate change. 

I was really excited to hear that several students submitted beautifully designed artwork with a strong message to prevent global warming and climate change. In total, we received 138 posters. Wow, that’s a lot! Thank you so much to everyone who participated!

There were so many beautiful posters, so it was really hard to select only 4 winners, but thankfully I had the help of Mrs. O’Neill and Mr. Wermuth, and eventually we were able to narrow it down enough to the winners.

Without further ado, here are the winners and their amazing artwork!!

Gainfield Elementary School, Jameson B. 


Middlebury Elementary School, Jamie Q.


Pomperaug Elementary School, Hailey R.


Long Meadow Elementary School, Anika K.

Congratulations to all of the winners! 

Of course, you can’t have winners without prizes! I toured the region with my mom for a day, stopping at each elementary school to honor their winner during their school assembly. There, I announced each school’s winner, and presented them with a certificate of excellence to acknowledge their amazing work along with a T-shirt designed by myself that featured my platform name, Act Now for a Greener Earth!

I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post and will get inspired by the artwork of the students of Region 15. I’d like to thank the librarians of all four elementary schools (Mrs. Mastropietro of Pomperaug Elementary, Mrs. Robinson of Middlebury Elementary, Mrs. Schwenger of Gainfield Elementart, and Mrs. O’Neill of Long Meadow Elementary) for spreading the word about the contest and encouraging so many students to participate! A special shout out also goes to my principal, Mr. Wermuth, for his help in this process. Thank you everyone! Together, we can act now for a greener Earth!

Satvik Nog
2022 Kid Governor Cabinet 
Southbury
Long Meadow Elementary School

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the CTKG Cabinet: Satvik Reflects on His Term in Office

Hello everyone! My name is Satvik Nog and I am a member of the 2022 Connecticut's Kid Governor’s Cabinet  working on a platform addressi...