Monday, May 9, 2022

From the CTKG Cabinet: Brian at the State Capitol!

A note from the staff of the Connecticut's Kid Governor® program:

On April 26th, Connecticut's Kid Governor Makhi Ettienne-Modeste and his Cabinet were invited to visit the State Capitol building in Hartford, Connecticut. Makhi, Brian, Elizabeth, Madelyn, Olivia, and Satvik (and their families) had the opportunity to take a tour of the State Capitol with the League of Women Voters, met with Governor Ned Lamont in his office, did a television interview with Dennis House for his "This Week in Connecticut" program on WTNH, were introduced on the floor of the House of Representatives, met with their legislators for one-on-one meetings, visited with Lieutenant Governor Susan Bysiewicz, and took a tour of the State Supreme Court and Museum of Connecticut History.  

In the following weeks we will be publishing blog posts from Makhi and his Cabinet members about the highlights of their visit to the State Capitol. Here is our first blog post from Cabinet member Brian Wright; stay tuned for more!

*****

Hello again everybody! My name is Brian Wright, and I am a member of the CTKG Cabinet. I ran for Connecticut's Kid Governor on the platform of Physical Activity in Schools, a topic I am very passionate about. I was very excited to visit the State Capitol and to speak with my legislators about this important issue.

My experience at the capitol was amazing! After a tour of the Capitol, I got to talk to Governor Lamont in his office.

I even got to do a TV interview with Dennis House! Later we were introduced in front of the entire House of Representatives before going into meetings with the legislators who represent our home towns. I got to talk to many representatives outside the House Chamber before meeting with Representative Catherine Abercrombie and Representative Michael Quinn who represent my home town of Meriden. 

It was such a fun day! I learned so much about the history of the Capitol and loved seeing all of the statues and other cool things. The biggest highlight of the day was meeting with Lieutenant Governor Susan Bysiewicz and getting to sit in her chair. It was amazing!

I was so happy to visit the State Capitol. It was long and tiring day, but it was also a lot of fun!

Brian Wright
2022 Kid Governor Cabinet 
Casimir Pulaski Elementary School
Meriden

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the CTKG Cabinet: Satvik Reflects on His Term in Office

Hello everyone! My name is Satvik Nog and I am a member of the 2022 Connecticut's Kid Governor’s Cabinet  working on a platform addressi...