Wednesday, October 19, 2022

My Library Circuit and the 2022 Kids Convention

Hello, my name is Makhi and I am your 2022 Connecticut's Kid Governor. In today's blog post I will be talking about what I have been doing as Kid Governor lately! 

One thing I've done this fall is my Library Circuit, where I traveled to different libraries across the state and spoke about my experience as the 2022 Connecticut's Kid Governor. I went to 6 different libraries in September: 

  1. The Windsor Public Library (with Elizabeth Becker from my Cabinet!)
  2. The Silas Bronson Library (with Satvik Nog from my Cabinet!)
  3. The Easton Public Library
  4. The Hamden Public Library
  5. The Groton Public Library
  6. And the Waterford Public Library (with Madelyn Sweet from my Cabinet!)


I gave a speech at each stop where I talked about my Protecting Our Pets platform, the work I've done on each of my three points, and some of the cool experiences I've had so far during my term as Kid Governor. I also got to meet a lot of new people, like different state and local government officials. It was so much fun to talk with everybody! You can see more information about each stop, including photos and recordings of my speeches, by clicking here!

Another thing I've done recently was attend the 2022 Kids Convention at Stepping Stones Museum. Elizabeth Becker, Madelyn Sweet, Olivia Campbell, and Satvik Nog from my Cabinet joined me! At the convention, we participated in a question-and-answer panel discussion where we got to talk with the audience. It was so fun and we got lots of questions. I love talking about my platform and all the hard work that my Cabinet and I have done this year! 

We also got to see some of the other presenters at the Kids Convention. One of the speakers was named Renata Bowers. She's a children's book author who lives in Connecticut! Her book series is called "Frieda B." It is about a girl who can be herself. Ms. Bowers read us parts of her books and talked about how kids can make the world a better place. That message is very important and connects to all the things I've been doing during my term as Kid Governor! 

How can you make the world a better place? Remember to be yourself and to (P.O.P), Protect our Pets!

 

Makhi Ettienne-Modeste

2022 Kid Governor 

Windsor

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the CTKG Cabinet: Satvik Reflects on His Term in Office

Hello everyone! My name is Satvik Nog and I am a member of the 2022 Connecticut's Kid Governor’s Cabinet  working on a platform addressi...